- 3 bedroom, 1 bath, top-floor condominium in well-maintained 3-unit building
- Phenomenal location in prime Cole Valley, one block to Grattan Playground!
- A very generous, well allocated ~1,660 square feet (per FloorplanVisuals)
- Open living area with sumptuous period details, fantastic natural light & beautiful outlooks
- Renovated kitchen with stainless appliances, including 4-burner Bertazzoni gas range
- Bright and uplifting breakfast room, the perfect place to sip coffee and dine casually
- Open living / dining area with bay window facing gorgeous garden; space for home office
- Laundry closet with stackable Miele appliances located centrally on the main hall
- Renovated bath with turquoise tiles, modern vanity, shower over tub, and water closet
- Third bedroom could easily be reconfigured into a home office, home gym, or other purpose
- Shared garden, massive storage room, and steps to some of SF’s best shops / dining
- Proximate to Koret Playground, Golden Gate Park, and the Panhandle for outdoor rec!
Welcome to 1120 Stanyan in San Francisco’s highly esteemed Cole Valley neighborhood! This spacious and bright 3 bedroom, 1 bath condo is situated atop a lovely well-maintained 3-unit building just a block from Grattan Playground.
Boasting an open layout with living and dining rooms adjacent, the home is optimized for both entertaining and everyday enjoyment. Located at the heart of the home is the renovated kitchen, which features a 4-burner gas range by Bertazzoni, ventilation hood, Miele dishwasher, and Kenmore refrigerator / freezer (all stainless). The stone counters sit on top of stylish two-toned cabinetry, which provides ample storage space. A bright, uplifting breakfast room is just off the kitchen and provides the perfect place to sip coffee, dine casually, or check messages on the laptop! A walk-in pantry and new light pendants accentuate the space.
Towards the rear of the home, perched above a gorgeous, verdant garden, are the living and dining rooms. A bar / butler’s pantry separates this space from the kitchen, and a fireplace anchors the living room. Dramatic box-beamed ceilings catch the eye and handsome hardwoods run throughout. The space is versatile and can accommodate a desk or home office if desired. Views include the rolling hills of Cole Valley, Ashbury Heights, St. Ignatius, Sutro Tower, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
Down the main hall are 3 bedrooms, all of which offer generous space and natural light. The smallest of the three could easily be repurposed into a home office, home gym, or other configuration. The primary bedroom is centered by a decorative period fireplace and repeats the gorgeous box beamed ceilings found in the living room. A barrel-shaped bay window with bench add style and character. Built-in shelving, a new light pendant, and closet finish off the room.
Located on the lower level of the building is a lovely shared garden with privacy fence and mature plantings. A massive storage room helps keep the home clutter-free. All this in an A+ location, proximate to some of San Francisco’s best dining, boutiques, and outdoor recreation. To find out more about the neighborhood, continue reading below!
Despite its relatively small size, Cole Valley is surrounded by some of San Francisco’s most popular landmarks. The homes in the Cole Valley neighborhood epitomize the phrase “modern luxury.” Beautiful ocean views and fully-remodeled interiors make Cole Valley an incredibly popular place to live. With so many great public parks and activities within walking distance, plus the Golden Gate Bridge just a short trip north, Cole Valley does not disappoint!
Cole Valley is perfect for executives and researchers of the University of California, San Francisco who want an easy commute. Located less than half a mile from the neighborhood, the Parnassus Heights campus is within walking distance of Cole Valley. Notable research/medical facilities at UCSF include Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, the Diabetes Center, and the Helen Diller Medical Center.
The Cole Valley neighborhood is also a mile away from the 1000+ acre Golden Gate Park. Residents can easily spend hours here and never run out of things to explore! Some of the more notable landmarks in Golden Gate Park include:
- Japanese Tea Garden: Built in 1894, the Garden is a great place to meditate and enjoy nature any time of day.
- Koret Playground and Carousel: Located in the southeast corner of the park, closest to Cole Valley, both kids and adults can enjoy all the fun and games at this beautiful public playground.
- Archery Fields: Whether you want to keep your skills sharp or learn a new skill altogether, this facility provides bales of hay; all you need are your own targets and equipment.
This is just a small sampling of the many activities you can find at Golden Gate Park. Of course, there is always the option of finding a grassy spot and just enjoying the beautiful California sunshine.
If you love enjoying great food, beer, and wine, Cole Valley is the place for you. Start your day with a short (or long) visit to La Boulangerie and enjoy their French-American pastries and entrees along with some fantastic coffee or espresso. Other notable restaurants in Cole Valley include the Italian wine nook InoVino, the quaint corner tavern Kezar Bar & Restaurant, the casual-yet-popular BurgerMeister, and last but not least, the eclectic offerings of Padrecito. Top it all off with a trip to the Ice Cream Bar to satisfy your sweet tooth.
1120 Stanyan is just a block from the popular Grattan Playground and Grattan Elementary School. Weekend strolls around the neighborhood with the family await!
Cole Valley is also within walking distance (and home to) several popular and interesting landmarks. Cole Hardware’s flagship store is located in Cole Valley and has been serving the community for almost 100 years. You can walk to the famous Haight-Ashbury district or take a hike up Mt. Sutro for great views and see one of the old NIKE missile silos. Interested in geography? Walk up Clayton towards 17th to see the blank monument for the reported perfect geographic center of SF.
One of the best parts about living in Cole Valley is its convenient access to the N Judah municipal light rail (“Muni”) route. Residents of Cole Valley can hop on this frequently-running light rail and commute to the Google headquarters in less than 30 minutes. The N Judah route is also ideal for traveling to landmarks such as the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and Embarcadero Plaza.